Basements don’t have to be boring or used for storage. They can be a stylish space to spend time with family and to entertain guests. One of the benefits of designing a custom home is that you get to design every room from beginning to end. When you buy a home, a lot of times you inherit an unfinished or outdated basement. But with our help, you will have a space that everyone will want to spend time in.
So what do you consider when designing a bar?
- The layout: This will depend on how big your basement is. But since you are designing your home, you can keep the square footage of your basement in mind from day one.
- Storage: How much storage do you want? Of course, you will need a place for bottles and glasses. You can add cabinets pretty much everywhere: behind, under or around the bar.
- The type of bar: So will it be a wet bar or a dry bar? If you go for a wet bar, you will have to have a sink and dishwasher installed.
- Countertop: When it comes to style, the countertop material that you choose will have a lot to say in the look of your bar. The good thing is that you have many options to choose from: granite, wood, laminate, ceramic, etc. And depending on the material, you can choose from various colors.
- Appliances: Although it is a bar, appliances like microwaves and ovens will help make your bar the most fun and most convenient spot in your home.
- Lighting: The type of lighting that you choose can vary in type (LED) and even in color. You also have to decide on where the lighting goes.
- Decor: After you are done designing the perfect bar, you get to decorate it with furniture that compliments the space.
Basement bars are an exciting space to design. When done right, you won’t want to go anywhere else. Your friends will be dying to come over. Designing the perfect home is no easy task, but when you choose Republic Home Builders, we guarantee a smooth and stress-free process. If you are looking for a custom home builder in Fredericksburg or anywhere else in the surrounding areas, give Republic Home Builders a call.