Our blog post today is about Spring maintenance. I’m sure you have noticed that Spring has hit the Fredericksburg area already. We are in the middle of heavy rains and nice warm weather. And while Spring is here, it does not mean that it is too late to perform some maintenance tasks.
In the next week, we will be experiencing a lot of rain, but we will also be experiencing a couple of sunny days, you can use those days to catch up on your spring maintenance. What can you do? Check out the following tips!
- Check your HVAC system. You will soon be switching to cool air, and you want to make sure that your cooling system is working properly. Call a professional and ask for a tune-up!
- Inspect your roofs and gutters! Although we are in the middle of rain season, use a dry day to inspect the roof and gutters. You want to make sure that there is no damage on your roof and that your gutters are clean and working properly. If they are not, this could cause water to infiltrate the walls and eventually cause huge foundation problems.
- Clean your siding! Since your home is going to be wet due to the April showers, you want to minimize the development of mold and mildew by keeping it clean.
- Inspect for drafts! Check the seals around windows and doors. Avoid a large energy bill and water infiltrating your home by inspecting for drafts. In the case you find drafts, try to seal them or call a professional.
- When was the last time you checked your fire detector? If you haven’t checked it recently, now it’s the time! Replace the batteries and assure that it’s working. This could save your life.
- Check your lawn equipment. Soon enough you will be back to cutting the grass, and you want to make sure that everything is working properly. You might have to sharpen the blade and put gas in the tank. And if you winterized lawn mower, you need to re-connect the spark plug and flip the fuel cut-off switch.
Set a day of your weekend aside and perform these tasks. And if you do not have your own home and are looking to build the home of your dreams; give Republic Home Builders a call, we will be ready to help you design your perfect home!